Nursing-Resource.com accepts advertising and sponsorship for its Web site according to the following principles:
1. All advertisements are subject to approval of Nursing-Resource.com (Publisher), which reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement at any time.
2. Advertising is separate from content. Advertisers and sponsors have no advance knowledge of our editorial content, nor do the editors shape content to accommodate advertising. Publisher will not sell advertising for a specific product on the condition that it appear in the same location, and at the same time, as a specific article mentioning that product. Advertisers do not influence any of our editorial decisions or advertising policies.
3. Publisher’s advertising sales representatives have neither control over, nor prior knowledge of, specific editorial content before it is published.
4. Advertisers have no control or influence over the results of searches a user may conduct on the Publisher’s website. Search results are based solely on the functionality available through our search software (e.g., keywords or natural language) and user-defined criteria (e.g., displaying most recent or most relevant items first).
5. Publisher does not release personally identifiable data on the users of our websites to advertisers.
6. Online advertisers may receive reports that show aggregated data about response to their advertisements, including the number of ad impressions and the number of times an advertisement was clicked on.
7. Any reference to Publisher or it products or services in advertisements, promotional material, or merchandising by the advertiser or the agency is subject to the Publisher’s prior written approval in each instance.
8. Advertiser links to other websites cannot prevent a user from easily returning to the Publisher’s website.
9. Advertorials are not accepted on the Publisher’s website.
10. Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products will not be advertised.
11. Advertised products must be compliant with the regulations in the country where the advertisement will be seen. Advertisements for pharmaceutical products (including NDA products) that are subject to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) oversight must comply with FDA regulations regarding advertising and promotion.
12. Advertisements may not include offers for free merchandise or contests.
13. All advertisements must be clearly germane to the practice of medicine.
14. All advertisements must clearly and prominently identify the advertiser by trademark or signature.
15. Advertising that appears at Publisher’s website must be clearly distinguishable from editorial content.
16. Advertising copy must be factual and in good taste.
17. All advertisements are accepted and published by Publisher on the warranty of the agency and advertiser that both are authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter of the advertisement.
18. In consideration of publication of an advertisement, the advertiser and the agency, jointly and severally, agree to indemnify and hold harmless Publisher, its officers, agents and employees against expenses (including legal fees) and losses resulting from the publication of the contents of the advertisement, including, without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of privacy, copyright infringement, or plagiarism.
19. Publisher shall not be liable for any failure to publish any advertisement accepted by Publisher; however, Publisher shall use its reasonable efforts to place such advertisement in subsequent available space.
20. All advertising contract position clauses are treated as requests. Since advertising inventory constantly changes, Publisher cannot guarantee fixed positioning.
21. Publisher may change the terms set forth herein at any time, provided that no such change applies to ads whose closing date precedes the announcement of the change.
22. In the event of nonpayment, Publisher reserves the right to hold advertiser and/or its advertising agency jointly and severely liable for such monies as are due and payable to Publisher.
23. Publisher will not be bound by any condition, printed or otherwise, appearing on any insertion order or copy instructions when such conditions conflict with the conditions set forth in this rate card.
24. Publisher is not responsible for incidental or consequential damage for errors in displaying an ad.
Policy on Recruitment Advertisements
25. All advertisements for employment must be nondiscriminatory and comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Ads that discriminate against applicants based on sex, age, race, religion, marital status, or physical handicap will not be accepted.
26. International recruitment advertisers are required to confirm in writing that they are an equal opportunity employer.
Nursing-Resource.com Advertising Policy and Types of Advertising
Generally acceptable for consideration
Pharmaceutical products; medical-equipment products and services; medical software; practice-management products and services (including office equipment and supplies, medical billing systems, medical software products) and medical web sites.
Generally acceptable for consideration with certain conditions
Calls for patients to participate in clinical trials, or clinical-trial matching services: considered solely if the trial is conducted by a recognized academic institution.
All types of advertising not described above will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Advertisers, media buyers, and others with specific questions about advertising acceptability should contact us.
Sponsorship and editorial content are clearly separated. A link to Nursing-Resource.com Advertising Policy will appear with all sponsorship on the Web site. Acknowledgment of support will not make any claims for any supporting company’s product(s). The final wording and position of the acknowledgments will be determined by the Nursing-Resource.com.
Users of Nursing-Resource.com Web site are encouraged to comment on the Site’s Internet policies. Please submit your comments via contact page.