|Bandage scissors are an important component of any first-aid kit. These scissors are angled tip scissors, with the blunt tip on the bottom blade which helps in cutting bandages without gouging the skin. Bandage scissors are very popular in any health care facility because they are designed to safely lift bandages away from skin for easy cutting. The bottom blade of the scissor is longer and goes easily under the bandages. The blunt tip design of the scissor prevents accidental injury while making bandage removal very easy, smooth and quick. The scissors safely lifts bandage away from skin for easy cutting.|
Features of bandage scissor
- The blades of a bandage scissor are made from stainless steel for long-lasting durability.
- Bandage scissors materials are generally ferrous materials like stainless steel materials. Nonferrous materials as well as hard metals or alloys may also be used. Therefore, the method for plating and also the plating material should be properly selected taking the scissors blade material into consideration.
- They make a useful addition to any first-aid kit.
- They can cut through cloth, plastic and metal.
- They have serrated blades for no-slip cutting.
- They are fully autoclavable.
- They are usually available with contoured handles in various colors. The handles are plastic or metal made.
Uses of bandage scissor
Bandage scissors are mostly used
- To cut through custom-fit bandages.
- To cut through medical gauze.
- To cut through bandages already in place.